Me Thinks

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cocktail

I did it. Committed a sin. Along with a few friends of mine, decided to do something last night that I shouldn't have done. Disillusioned by some reviews I had read and by Deepika's hot looks, I watched the movie Cocktail.

Not the worst movie but I don't remember seeing a worse Hindi movie in theaters. The movie was made worse by the loud, jarring, annoying music. Jugni and the end song "And Jawani, Band jawani" are the worst. Maybe I should have watched it on YouTube or DVD months later. Now I feel I need to get some thiruttu DVD from Indian stores to make up for the money wasted.

1 boy and 2 girls, of which one of them is rich, the other homeless. So the paavam type always wins in all movies. The non-paavam type is made to look hot, wild and generally sleeps around with everyone. Boy sleeps with the rich girl and moves in while the "paavam" girl continues hating the boy. One day boy flirts with the paavam girl and gives her compliments and lo, they fall in love. Not unga veettu love enga veettu love, the kind that makes a womanizer like him, give up all his womanizing ways and go crazy behind "true love" kind of love. Why, you wonder. Adhudhan terilaye.

So the homeless, "paavam" girl steals the rich girl's boy friend and becomes an angel/hero. Why? I have no freaking idea.

Towards the end the movie shifts to India. Obviously the lovers unite but I am still wondering how the boy and the rich girl reach India before the other girl in spite of leaving hours or days later. I looked for some logic there. Kill me.

So the movie ends and when I wanted to come out because I couldn't take the "second hand jawani" song, someone was blocking the way and I had to stay to watch some bloopers/funny moments. We see Saif Ali Khan smelling his arm pit, lifting his shirt in front of the mirror and playing with his nipples. Oh cho chweet, what a treat!!

PS - The only good moments are when Boman Irani and Dimple Kapadia come on the screen.

8 Comments:

Anonymous yaadayaada said...

Reading about this cocktail gave me a hang over!!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Me said...

you expect logic in a indhi padam with a hot girl? idhu eppadi irukku na...TTD la okkandhunu pazhani panjamrutham kekara maari irukku...too much...

this khan's unshaven moonji looks like an aadu moonji...and he is a treat?...sabba

and please remove this comment moderation...comment verification...etc

11:32 AM  
Blogger ashok said...

You are getting back in the groove...missed this kinda reviews for a long time :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger ashok said...

If you r looking for a fun Tamil movie from the recent stock, i recommend "Kalakalappu" (masala cafe)

(BTW, pls change your word verification..its killing!)

1:05 PM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Deepa,
Love has the power to turn a person inside out. Marriage fixes them back. Luckily most B'wood don't go beyond love.

RIP my namesake!

Ashok, I am doing good. This woman makes it hard by enabling moderation. You?
-rR

4:43 PM  
Blogger Me too said...

Go watch Delhi Belly(again?) to atone your sin!!

5:05 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

yaadayada, I hope it stopped you from going to the theater. If it did, my quota of social service for the month - done.
Me, sorry for the moderation, orey trolling with unwanted, unrelated comments.
Thanks Ashok, more to come since I am getting back to the groove (watching lot of movies).:-)
I watched Kalagalappu. What a treat!!! Should add something on that.
Rajesh, sorry, will do a better job of moderating and not wait for days/weeks.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back:-).. Wanna see more of it:-)

Cheers

Kumar.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home